| 37 comments ]


Auto Insurance Bodily Injury (BI) Liability and Property Damage (PD) coverage is Legally required in most states today. (BI & PD) Most people understand that they need BI & PD, but they have no idea how to determine how much coverage they need.

Try this simple question: What if your car was involved in an auto accident tonight where heaven forbid, someone else was injured or killed? Remember, everything you own is in the back seat of the car with you and is at risk in a lawsuit! So, what do you think their family would sue you for? $15,000? $25,000? $100,000 or even maybe a Million dollars! Where would you get the money to pay them?

Perhaps the Equity in your Home would help? How about your Savings and/or Investments? You could even have up to 25% of your wages attached to pay the award in most states! Are you prepared to sacrifice everything you own to pay an award due to this accident? If not, read on for how to choose the auto insurance coverage you need.

2: You and Your Family:

Now let’s turn the above accident around. For some unfortunate reason, you or a loved one is the one who is injured or killed in an auto accident. Where would you get the money if the person who hit you did not have auto insurance or not enough auto insurance? Medical bills can be covered if you have health insurance. But health insurance doesn’t cover loss of life, pain & suffering or permanent disability.

Maybe you have a life insurance policy through your employer or your own individual life policy. Is the benefit amount sufficient to cover your family if your loved one is killed? But even if you have life insurance, what pays for the misery, the pain & suffering, maybe the fact you or a loved one can’t walk or use their arms again?

You might have a disability insurance policy through your work if you’re lucky or had good financial advice. But disability insurance doesn’t pay for loss of life, pain & suffering, permanent loss of your legs, arm or hand.

The only coverage that pays for these things is a part of an auto insurance policy known as Un/Under-insured motorist coverage. You can only buy as much coverage here as you have in Liability coverage. Your auto insurance agent should be able to help you determine the exact amount you need.

3: Your Car

Comprehensive and Collision Coverage are the third part of an auto insurance policy and are sometimes referred to as “Full coverage.” Basically the difference is this: If you run into the tree you are covered by Collision coverage. If the tree runs into you (hypothetically of course), then you are covered by comprehensive coverage. Comprehensive also covers broken windshields, fire, theft and vandalism. The higher deductible (risk) you take here, the lower the premium. Use the savings here to purchase higher limits in the coverages that protect your assets and your family.

The bottom line to determining proper auto insurance coverage is, of course, the money available in your household budget. An excellent place to start in determining the proper auto insurance coverage for your family is to meet with your local auto insurance agent.

Most cut-rate companies concern themselves with one thing only: Price. Tell them what coverage you have and they’ll see if they can give you the same coverage for less. You become the insurance professional. If this is the only need you have then that is ok. If not, you need to seek the advice of a professional to help you determine the proper amount of coverage you need and how best to accomplish it.

37 comments

Tee Chess said... @ November 27, 2010 at 9:35 PM

Amazing post. Thanks for describing the insurance policy for vehicle in details. I love to read suck kind of posts regarding the insurance policy to get updated.
employers liability insurance

Unknown said... @ November 1, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Auto insurance is a great opportunity for all the truck owners/companies.

Thanks for the post

Brainna Mcslacker said... @ February 6, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Thanks for the post. This is really helpful. My dealings have been pleasurable and positive experiences. I have recommended Chicago auto insurance quotes to others.

Leona said... @ April 11, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Job well done guys, quality information.
cheap car insurance quotes

Unknown said... @ May 1, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Wow, I just got my First car, and my Parents helped me buy it on the condition that I look up how our auto insurance works here in chicago, and if I pay for my own auto insurance, This has actually helped me quite a bit, Thanks!

Unknown said... @ May 28, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Thanks so much for the post! I am looking for some low car insurance rates in Calgary. Do you happen to have any recommendations? Let me know, thanks so much!

SEOZONEBD said... @ June 23, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Awesome just awesome article. I think this article may help my friend also that’s why I just share this article with my facebook. I am a regular reader of this blog.
I learn a lot from your writing. Once again want to tell you good job.
Thank you.

You are welcome to my blog post: The Best Way to Buy Car

Unknown said... @ August 6, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Thanks for the tips! I have been looking into getting insurance in Calgary and your thoughts were really helpful. Is it best to bundle with insurance or have them all separate?

Unknown said... @ August 13, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Where could I find some Port Charlotte auto insurance? I would love to get insurance for my new car soon.

Naum Franpos said... @ September 17, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Thanks for this wonderful blogs. As all we know there is alot of blogs and doesnt know about handbag insurance

Unknown said... @ October 9, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I love your blog. Your blog was very helpful for auto insurance . Thank you so much for your information.

Unknown said... @ November 6, 2013 at 7:05 AM

Our car insurance in Calgary can certainly be broken into these three parts. The ideas are so general, I thought it would be harder than that, but it matches up perfectly. Thanks for sharing this!

Unknown said... @ November 24, 2013 at 10:23 AM

That is exactly what i am looking for.. good one

Auto insurance quotes

Unknown said... @ January 6, 2014 at 2:46 AM

Great view to see. Great site.
Auto insurance quote

tyleragent said... @ January 9, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Thanks for sharing, and I've been thinking about getting a new auto insurance quote or at least try to. Because the auto insurance that I have now is a little too expensive.

Unknown said... @ January 10, 2014 at 7:37 AM

Thanks for pointing those out. I was looking to get car insurance from Colling Insurance and thought I would look up some tips before I signed on. I'm headed down to their office later this afternoon to finally sign the paperwork!

Unknown said... @ February 13, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Thanks so much for this post! It was so helpful to me. I just moved out of my parents house to start school, and I had to get my own auto insurance. Even though I'm a very capable person, I felt really confused, trying to get everything in order for the insurance agent. There are just so many options for your insurance plans, and different paperwork that you have to provide. It all gets easier with time, right!? I sure hope so. Thanks again for the extra help.

Auto Insurance Tallahassee FL

Unknown said... @ March 27, 2014 at 2:13 PM

I always appreciate it when I can find tips about buying insurance. I am new to the whole insurance thing so a lot of times I don't know what kind of policy I'm looking for. I am learning little by little, but I still have a lot to learn about before I feel comfortable when shopping for insurance.

Mursuli Hairston, Lane and Associates

Unknown said... @ April 2, 2014 at 6:27 AM

Great points. My area doesn't require auto insurance, but I would never be stuck without it. There's just no way of knowing what will happen. People make mistakes every day, and you have to be prepared so they don't come out of your pocket. Thiago | http://saminsurance.com/Personal/

Unknown said... @ May 21, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Thank you for outlining the three main parts of a car insurance policy! I had never thought of it in such simple terms. That really helps for next time I go shopping for auto insurance.

Rosie | http://www.statefarm.com/agent/US/IN/Elkhart/roger-ellsworth-JCH8C5L74AL

Unknown said... @ August 6, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Thanks for the tips. I have been looking for a new insurance company that fits with my family. I want my family to be protected when they are on the road for a reasonable price. http://www.thedallesinsurance.com/Auto-Insurance-The-Dalles-OR.html

Unknown said... @ August 13, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Thanks for the information! It seems like it's important to understand the basics of auto insurance. I'm looking to insure my son's car right now. This would be a great resource to show him to help him understand more about insurance. Thanks for posting!
Bill Li | http://www.davidgreginsurance.net

Unknown said... @ September 11, 2014 at 6:35 AM

My son just bought his first car. He's a wonderful driver, but I still get worried. We're going to sit down with him tonight and help him choose some auto insurance. IF anything were to happen, I'd want him to walk out of it physically and financially undamaged. https://www.childressinsuranceagency.com/auto.php

Anonymous said... @ October 27, 2014 at 3:33 AM

Your website is very user friendly, but I would prefer to find more info about Car Insurance and Motor bikes latest updates. I personally prefer motor bikes to cars, I have recently bought my new baby Peugeot V-Clic 50.

Amna habiba said... @ November 18, 2014 at 8:56 PM

Hi, good auto insurance article... Big quality for a blog.
auto insurace comparison

JP said... @ November 28, 2014 at 7:10 AM

Nice article on Auto Insurance. Nearly everything is covered in details. Nice Job

Unknown said... @ December 2, 2014 at 1:03 AM

It is true that a Car insurance policy should always take care of both the car as well as the one inside the car.

Unknown said... @ December 9, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Thanks for posting about the basics of an auto insurance policy. I want to make sure I understand everything about insurance. I need to find a new policy myself. I want to make sure I get the best one for me.
http://www.affordableinsuranceri.com

Unknown said... @ January 13, 2015 at 12:11 PM

I never realized that health insurance didn't cover pain and suffering. Is there any policy that does cover extra things or do you need a separate policy for those things? These are the types of things that are great to think about before they become a major issue. If you can have the details worked out before a major accident happens, you will have much less to decide in the stress of the moment. Thanks for your thoughts on the subject! http://www.mikelerdall.com

Anonymous said... @ February 19, 2015 at 5:16 PM

I ADAMS KEVIN, a representative Aiico Insurance plc, we trust and respect for individual differences in day out a loan. We will provide 2% of the loan's interest rate. If you are interested in this business contact us by e-mail: (adams.credi@gmail.com) now transfer their loan documents issued properly. Do you need a loan to set up business or school if you are very welcome to Aiico Insurance plc. You can also contact us by e-mail: (adams.credi@gmail.com). We first week can request a balance transfer.

DO YOU NEED LOAN FOR PERSONAL BUSINESS? IF YOU CONTACT YOUR EMAIL ABOVE TO PROCEED WITH YOUR LOAN TRANSFER IMMEDIATELY OK

SastoNepal.Com said... @ March 1, 2015 at 12:38 AM

Thank you for sharing this great tips. I really appreciate to the author for best sharing.
OnlineNepali

Mitcheal Clerk said... @ March 13, 2015 at 4:42 AM

I was searching for many blogs site and now finally I have got this cool place with lots of information.vehicle deductibles

Ryan Smith said... @ April 6, 2015 at 3:38 AM

great insurance service bro here i have some tips to choose insurance service
read Learn 5 Tips on Choosing the Right Vehicle Insurance

Zab said... @ July 6, 2015 at 7:42 PM

This is cool! Thanks for posting. I purchased my auto insurance Philippines at Malayan Insurance. It works perfectly for me!

Unknown said... @ August 28, 2015 at 1:17 PM

Great article, thanks for such a comprehensive and educating information. I don't know much about auto insurances, but I'm getting a car next month, so I need to learn more about them. It seems like full coverage is the best option for your car, but then it all comes down to getting the best quota. http://www.gavfamilyinsurance.com/Auto-Insurance-Holland-PA.html

Unknown said... @ March 18, 2016 at 12:21 PM

It helps to know that I'll need comprehensive and collision coverage when looking to insure my car. I would want to have these items to have full coverage on my car. That way, I can know that I'll be protected if I'm involved in an accident and get the repairs that my car needs. Thanks for this information!
http://www.weber-insurance.com/auto-insurance/

Yakthungba said... @ September 7, 2017 at 5:28 AM

nice post
https://limbuwankingdom.blogspot.com/insurance-nepal.html

Post a Comment